Job Description – PT Holiday Club/After School Care and PT Childcare Playworker
Job Title: Playworker
Reports to: Club Manager or Deputy Manager (in the absence of the Manager)
- Children and their parents/carers who use the club.
- Club Manager and Deputy Manager
- Staff team including apprentices and volunteers
- Relevant individuals and organisations which may include schools, childcare and play related organisations, registering authorities.
Job Summary: Assist with day to day organisation of the club. Provision of playcare following club policies and procedures.
- Assist the Manager and Deputy Manager to plan, prepare and provide creative and appropriate play opportunities in a safe and caring environment.
- Provide full day care and/or before and after school care for the children and the safe delivery to parents and/or named carers.
- Assist the Manager and Deputy Manager to ensure that refreshments and snacks are provided and meet the required standards of hygiene, health and safety.
- Consult with children and involve them in the planning of activities.
- Provide support to other playworkers and designated team members.
- Carry out administration and financial procedures, record keeping, ordering and purchasing in accordance with club systems.
- Administer first aid as appropriate.
- Encourage parental involvement and support for the club.
- Develop and maintain good communication with all members of the organisation and with the wider community including parents, schools, andchildcare and play related agencies.
- Undertake training which may be required by the registering authority and to contribute to professional development.
- Monitor and maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment.
- Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework.
- Work within agreed policies